Treating Vein Conditions in the Phoenix Metro Area
We Diagnose and Treat Vein Conditions
Veins are vital to the health and well-being of your body. They carry blood from the body’s tissues back to your heart, picking up oxygenated blood and delivering it through your body. When veins aren’t working correctly, vein conditions may cause severe medical issues. Our experienced team at Arizona Vein and Laser Institute specializes in diagnosing and treating vein conditions in Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding areas. We have six locations throughout the valley to serve you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Common Types of Vein Conditions
The most common types of vein conditions are:
- Venous Insufficiency – When veins have trouble delivering blood from your body to your heart, it’s called venous insufficiency. It is most often caused by varicose veins and blood clots.
- Varicose Veins – Varicose veins are large, raised veins underneath the skin. These bulging veins occur when blood pools inside your veins when it cannot adequately flow through the valves. These are usually harmless and most often found in your legs.
- Spider Veins – Spider veins are small, thin red lines that often resemble a spider’s web. They’re often harmless but are signs of poor circulation.
- Lymphedema – Lymphedema is caused by damaged or removed lymph nodes that cannot properly drain, resulting in pain and swollen limbs.
- Venous Ulcer – A venous ulcer forms when blood doesn’t correctly flow back to the heart, creating poor circulation and venous insufficiency. The high pressure inside your veins knocks into your skin, causing it to break and form ulcers.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is caused by a blood clot in your leg vein. If left untreated, DVT can cause severe health damage to blood vessels and internal organs.
Symptoms of Venous Disorders
The most common symptoms of venous disorders include:
- Bulging veins
- Leg pain or swelling
- Heavy feeling in the legs
- Compression stockings don’t help pain
- Reliance on medications
- Unexplained open wounds
Vein Diagnosis & Treatment Options
Arizona Vein & Laser Institute multiple vein treatments, including:
- Vascular Ultrasound – Our state-of-the-art vascular ultrasound technology allows us to receive detailed photos of patients’ circulatory systems and find blockages and blood clots.
- Vascular Surgery – If we determine vascular surgery is necessary, we’ll perform it as an outpatient procedure.
- Sclerotherapy – Sclerotherapy helps repair spider veins and varicose veins with an injection that helps the blocked blood vessel clot and stick together, prompting the clotted vessel to turn into scar tissue. The solution helps bulging veins naturally fade away.
- Phlebectomy – Also known as vein stripping, a phlebectomy is a minimally invasive surgery that helps eliminate unresponsive veins and boost circulatory function by removing varicose veins.
- EVLT Treatment – Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT) helps eliminate varicose veins with laser energy. The blood flow in the vein is stopped, leading to the dissipation of the varicose vein.
- Conservative Management – We will often prescribe medical-grade stockings to help improve your symptoms.
Contact Us to Schedule An Appointment
If you think you may have a vein disorder, our Arizona Vein & Laser Institute medical team consists of highly-trained and -experienced vascular and cardiovascular surgeons. We’re here to effectively diagnose your vein conditions to ensure optimal vein health. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.